Monday 11 October 2010

Self Evaluation - Alphabet Soup Phase 1


What is being communicated and how?

My letter forms had to communicate the word "Vanish" to do this i had to range through a variety of diffrent styles and design concepts to try and make the letter forms legible and readable yet still display the Vanish. My first idea was to play around with vanishing points and point size but i needed to be more create than this and make it more appealing to the eye. 


How well does this answer the brief?

I believe that my design answered the brief very well as when the red acetate was placed over the top the letter became visible but until this happened it was difficult to see it as the red pattern which was the word vanish typed over and over, which had a strong kerning and leading on it to create a repetitive pattern to make it illegible. I did this with all ten of the letters which i created and they all worked with each other.


How well has the idea been visually explored ?

I went through a large amount of design research and exploration into how i could make this "Vanish", i had some other ideas which were things such as, having loads of tracing paper over the top of each other until the back letter became invisible. There are many varieties of these in my sketchbooks and i have took some pictures and placed them onto my blog to show this.


What are the strengths of the resolution?

 Overall the whole body of work shows how i went from research to experimentation to development and finally creating my outcomes which i think were strong yet could be improved slightly. 


How could it be improved ?

The ways in which i would improve my final designs, would be to make the letters which were placed in the background behind the pattern to a more relevant choice of letters. I should have written out something which was typographic based, i think apart from that my project was very strong and answered the brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment