Tuesday 23 November 2010

End of Module Self Evaltuation

Module Code: OUGD101 
Module Title: Design Principles

Name: Marty Edwards
Blog Address: http://www.M-Edwards1013.blogspot.com


What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

I have learnt many new skills, these consist of mainly the colour theory and pantone swatches, i am trying to learn more about these. i have also learnt more in the area of message and how to deliver this as it can mean a lot to a piece of design when you have something which doesn't communicate as well as it first should have been. Ive attempted to apply these skills the best i can within my work but i will learn more as the course goes on and i will be able to use all of these skills combined at the end of the course.


What approached to/methods of research have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

I have always struggled when it comes to research as it never really informs or sways my development process which i decide to use, the best way to make use of this research is when i look into other designers work and see what i can best develop in terms of my work which the concepts of theres. The blog is an excellent way to track this work and make best use of a documentation on what i am wanting to achieve, this way as well i can backtrack over my ideas and this gives me a catalogue of ideas and concepts. 


What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

My strength in my work is when it comes to typography, i love the use of it as alone it can deliver a message, or even off one sentence i can make a full decision changing moment in a single moment. I will further develop these skills into a way of thinking and changing the ideas and concepts of what i am wanting to do with how i see things. I am going to make sure that i enhance my skills and make better use of the typography skills that i will be taught over the coming years.


What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these more fully?

My weakness is the i don't note down all my ideas fully, ill do a little sketch for an idea and then think about how i could best change this to make the work its best possibility. If i noted down everything i did and screen shot all the computer based ideas and concepts which i create then i would have a lot more ideas created for when i hand work in for assessment, this is something that i have learnt now and ill change this for the next assessment so that my designs can be clearly seen where they came from.


Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

1. Note down more ideas and concepts to increase the amount of hard based evidence i have for each piece of  
     work which i create.

2. Try to include more images into my work to increase the range of messages which i can deliver in varies ways.

3. Create all the work in the same style of paper and this could make it look neater in the end product.

4. Increase my knowledge of other work which is out there, including going to lectures and looking at other graphic 
    design work outside of university time to broaden my know how.

5. Increase punctuality towards the course, as there is no excuse for being late.


Attendance = 4
Punctuality = 3
Motivation = 5
Commitment = 5
Quantity of work produced = 3
Quality of work produced = 4
Contribution to the group = 4

No comments:

Post a Comment