Tuesday 3 January 2012

Proposed Position Statement

Ambitions 
I have high ambitions for when i finish university, i would love to be able to get out of the UK and travel about and find some work which i think could really push my limits out in the big bad world, this would range from some placements maybe in New York to Austraillia, these could all be achieved if i am to get my head down and commit to the course with 200% and get the grades and the knowledge that i need to be able to do this 


This could be a big change for me and i think it could really set me out to be different from the rest of the designers. My work will increase at a dramatic rate and i hope this will always be the case as my work should only ever be changing to meet with the times and continue to be fresh and innovative so that i can get a real sense of what i need to do too keep up with the times.  




Skills
i can offer a range of skills to the creative world, this would range from a series of adobe based programs to the possible outcome of having a editorial or design based way of thinking about things. this could then be implemented in any way that is necessary so that the work can be created for the clients/employers 




Area of creative interest 
My main area of creative interest would have to be through the use of editorial and layout based work, this has always been what has caught my attention with its clean design style which communicates what it needs to and offers a bulk of text for the audience to read




Competition
There will be plenty of competition out there for me to compete with, this is what i am hoping will keep me on my feet and keep me striving to continue down the road of wanting to get this done and making the most of the work  




Collaborations
Colloaborations have always been a strong point of mine, i feel that when i have someone else working with me, i am able to bounce ideas and generate more ideas from using there ideas as key points along the way, this for me is something i enjoy and would like to improve upon




Location
Location is a strong factor for me at the current moment but when i am looking for a job i will be willing to move anywhere that the right job pops up so that i can get a head start without having to be fussy and messing the employers around




How am i Unique 
I think that ium unique in the style that my imagination is very vivid and i often think up of random stories in my head, this shows that im creative and have a varied way of thinking that not many people can do when it comes down to designing something that needs to be that slight part different




What ways is there to get myself known
I will use blogs, Internet sites, social networking, mail shots, anything that is needed to get my name out there and getting me meeting as many professionals as possible so that im able to really get to terms with how they work and let them know that i am here and i want to work in there industry along side them




How have i improved
I believe my work has improved alot since i started with the work load when i first came into university, if you were too look at my work from when i was in secondary school to now, you would see a clear understanding into what i can achieve in the time given, this can only increase as my designer career continues 




What i plan to do next  
Once i leave university i plan to try get a job from the social networks that i have built up and continue to work for a company and develop my skills further and this will then lead to weather or not i am able to move up the ladder of command in that company or if i need to move onto the next one 

No comments:

Post a Comment