Monday 8 October 2012

PPD Task1 - Reevaluate Your Aims

List 5 (or more) things you know now that you didn’t before the break.
     - What to say when you contact professionals 
     - Practice & experience in interviews
     - Basics on web design
     - How to manage my time more effectively 
     - What i wanted to get out of my final year on the course


List 5 (or more) things you would address differently than you did this Summer.
     - Go to see more studios
     - Be more creative through-out summer 
     - Start my dissertation sooner
     - Continue to use my design skills through-out so i'm not rusty when I'm back 
     - Not go home for the full summer & stay in Leeds for more of it


List 5 (or more) specific things you will address this semester, that should be useful.
     - My Critical writing skills 
     - My Editorial, Grid & Layout skills 
     - My ability to hand render typography
     - Research further into starting up my own business
     - My photography skills 


List 5 (or more) things you feel we could address as a group?
     - Finding new studios 
     - Work out of charges 
     - Where to buy the best stocks & print deals 
     - What to look out for when designing (whats allowed & what isn't)
     - Ways that can make you stand out from the 1000's of other designers out there 


List 5 (or more) things you feel we have not looked at in PPD you personally would like to know more about with reference to professionalism?
     - Whats the most lucrative side to graphic design
     - Whats the best way of selling your work to the public 
     - Meet more designers from more varied locations so we get an insight into different cities 
     - What are all the positions in a graphic designers studio 
     - How to make sure you don't get screwed over on payments for your work

No comments:

Post a Comment