Friday 17 February 2012

Making Your Mark

I needed to create a branding for myself, this would make the creative CV much easier to create because then i could design around a theme or something which would make such a vast change to how i wanted things to look when they are all linked together. Something simple yet can communicate on all formats and all medias. 






These are the first four designs which i came up with off the top of my head however i dont think that they express who i am as a designer at all. They all are type based which to a certain degree do express what and how i feel but there not showing my skills exactly how i want.


I then started to look into the way in which i could just have it as type based branding, i think this idea went out the window cause it was following the same style as what i have shown above, by not expressing the design style which i have.






The idea then came to me to try and link the two together, something which i thought may have worked, by mixing the pure type with the "logo like design" which i created, i may have created a branding i were pleased with, however once i tried to do this i designed something which i felt expressed calligraphy and illustration more than clean cut graphic design.






This is the final style which im really happy with, i feel that the way ive mixed my first letter of my first name then my middle name which most people dont know about worked rather well, this came to me when i thought you dont have to brand yourself as your name. 

the way in which ive made the name and the line underneath show the design which im doing has made this work personally for me, it also shows the style of work which i do aswell, its very crisp and has a strong way of working towards it all. 



CONSIDERATIONS 
Scale - the scale is something that i will need to make sure that it works on all scales, I think that my branding will achieve this. 


Content - the main content will be placed elsewhere on each document as i want to keep the branding simple and crisp so that it reflects my style of work. 


Colour - the colour of my branding is going to be simple and be kept within the monotone so that costing will be kept down and it will work on all formats here. 


Production - i plan to screen print my business cards cause i think that it adds that little extra touch towards it, and the quality of the print can then be done 



No comments:

Post a Comment